Live Casino Hold’Em
The Casino Hold’Em is one of the most popular poker variants in the world with the live casino version that provides all the thrills of a land-based casino.
If you have never played the game before and want to get into it, we have created the perfect guide that will teach you everything you need to know to win this game, especially the rules and some essential strategy tips.
As a novice, you must get accustomed to all the rules, gameplay, and the possibility of winning a jackpot. The question is – What’s Casino Hold’Em Live all about?
Like Texas Hold’Em, the main goal of Casino Hold’Em Live is to create the best possible five-card hand using a combination of two private and five standard cards.
A standard poker game is fun, but there’s a major difference between the two. Casino Hold’Em Live all about the live dealer! That’s the fun part of the game.
Casino Hold’Em Live game is played with 52 standard cards, and the rules are quite simple to understand, but you must know the ranking of the hands in 5 card poker.
Now, let’s take a good look at the history of casino hold ’em live. We have covered the aspects that you need to know. It includes ‘how to play,’ strategy, and outcome of the game. Let’s begin with the comprehensive guide on ‘CASINO HOLD’EM LIVE.’
History Casino Hold’Em Live
Since the 10th-century card game played by a Chinese emperor called As Nas, poker has found its way to Europe in the form of Poque and Pochen, played in France in the 17th century.
Today, in the world of online gambling, poker comes in many forms and variations. The undisputed champion in terms of popularity is the Hold ‘Em, played by millions of players daily.
As we all know, a poker game is a battle between patience, skill, strategy, luck, and, of course, other players.
However, in the late 1990s, a gentleman named Stephen Au Yeung created a poker game with a difference. Intending to teach a friend how to play poker, he invented a similar game to Texas Hold ’em but only played against the dealer.
It is how Casino Hold ‘Em was born, based on the traditional poker game, with only one main difference: the game is played just against the casino.
Since then, this game became very popular, it has, of course, made its appearance in mobile format for smartphones and tablets, and in particular, the virtual variant of the developer Play ‘n Go, undoubtedly the most successful to date.
Most importantly, Hold‘Em Casino has grown in power among players around the world since the creation of the first version with a live dealer, also compatible on mobile.
How to Play?
As a player, you make your Ante bet and on the AA bonus option. That’s just the beginning of the game! Just in case you do not have an ‘ante bet,’ you can witness it as a spectator.
Once the cards are mixed, the dealer distributes two cards face up for you and two cards face down for himself. Three standard cards are then placed face-up in the middle of the table.
You must then make a decision:
- You can choose not to play your hand and do a Fold (pass, lie down) – all bets are then lost.
- If you have a winning bonus, you must follow (CALL) in order to receive it.
- If you think the dealer is beaten, you must also follow (CALL). A CALL bet is then made, which is, therefore, twice the initial Ante bet.
After that, the dealer distributes the remaining two standard cards and returns both cards.
A showdown finally takes place during which the top five cards of each hand are displayed and compared. Of course, the best wins!
Remember that your hand should be strong! That way, your ante bet will be higher and also the payout. The best hand one can play with is ROYAL FLUSH. It gives you 100:1. The weakest has to be STRAIGHT because it pays out 1:1.
Results of the Game
If the dealer has a pair of 4 or better, he is said to have a “qualified hand” (it is said that “the dealer is qualified”), which means that he is able to pay a player a winning CALL bet in addition to the Ante bet.
- If the dealer is “qualified” and you, as a player, finally have a better hand, you win. The dealer then pays the Ante bet (at the displayed odds) and the CALL at 1:1.
- If the dealer is not “qualified,” the dealer pays the Ante bet (at the displayed odds), and the call bet is returned to you.
- If the casino dealer beats the player, they lose on all the bets.
- If the punter and the dealer each have a hand of 5 cards of the same value (Push). There is a tie; your bets are returned to him.
- If the player has made a bonus bet and the first five cards contain a pair of Aces or better, they are paid at the displayed odds, as long as the latter makes a CALL to play the hand.
We shall summarize this for you at the end. Nonetheless, you must read the results of the game thoroughly. It will help you to get accustomed to the gameplay.
Basic Strategy for Casino Hold’Em Live
To play Casino Hold’Em Live optimally, you need to make the right decision: go to bed or play after the first set of cards.
Although it seems simple at first glance, several factors must be taken into account. You should consider the strength of your hand and the probability of getting a more substantial hand with the two remaining cards to be dealt with.
As you face the dealer, you also have to consider his hand and his chances of getting even better.
Here are some simple rules to remember for a player at Casino Hold’Em Live:
- Always revive with a pair or better
- Always revive with an Ace or a King
- Revive when you have a Queen or a Jack unless the standard cards are all of the same colors and you have no card of that color
- Revive with an incomplete color or straight provided, you only need one card to complete your color or straight.
- Restart if you have two “overcards.”
- Lie down if you have no card identical to the board and no card above ten unless you have an incomplete Flush or color.
Possibilities of the Game
During a game of Casino Hold ‘Em Live, you will have two decisions to make – one before and the other after the cards have been dealt with.
- Ante: To play a hand, you must bet an Ante before any card is dealt
- Bonus bet: Before the cards are dealt, you can, if you wish, place a bonus bet. This pays from 7:1 to 100:1 for some winning hands
- Follow: After the first round of cards has been dealt, the dealer places a bet, and you have the opportunity to follow. This bet doubles your Ante and is placed in addition to the Ante.
- Pass: you can also pass after the first round of cards has been dealt with. You then lose your Ante, as well as any bonus bet you may have made.
The dealer must have at least a pair of four to constitute a qualifying hand. If the dealer fails to qualify, your bet for having followed will be returned to you.
You win if your five-card poker hand beats the dealers. Followed bets are paid one for one (1:1, also known as “same amount” or “equal payment”).
If you do not follow the dealer’s bet after the first round of cards is dealt, you will lose your Ante and any bonus bet.
For more information, you can check out the Table of Winning hands online for free.
Ante Bets Payments
At Casino Hold’Em, the “Ante” bet is the name given to the first bet made before the first two cards are distributed. The dealer then proceeds with the first distribution and then places the three standard cards on the table.
In case the player has made an optional bet, he wins if he succeeds in forming a pair of Aces or a stronger hand with his two cards and the three common cards.
The payment offered at this stage is 1:1. Then, if the player pursues the game by reviving, he must double the amount of his/her Ante bet.
After the distribution of the Turn and River cards, the different hand combinations of 5 possible cards are evaluated.
As a player, in case your hand is more potent than that of the dealer, your payment will depend on its composition.
- If you win with a Royal Flush (Ace, King, Jack and 10 of the same color), the payout is 100:1. If you win with a Straight Flush (a series of cards of the same color, the strongest of which is not an Ace), you will receive 20:1
- If you win with a Four of a Kind (Four cards of the same rank: four Aces for example), the house pays you 10:1
- For a Foul House (three cards of the same rank combined with two other cards of the same level: three Kings and two 10 for example), the payout is 3:1
- For Flush (five cards of the same color), the casino pays 2:1
- If you win with one pair (Five cards whose value is not the same) or less, you will receive a 1:1 payout
Understanding The AA Bets
On some online casinos, the player can make an AA side bet. In the case of winnings, the payments offered are more important:
- 100:1 — for a victory with a Royal Flush
- 50:1 — for a win with a Straight Flush
- 40:1 — for a win with a Four of a Kind
- 30:1 — for a win with a Full House
- 7:1 — for a win with One pair or less
As you can see, the payout levels offered at Casino Hold’Em are relatively high, compared to other card games, such as Blackjack or Baccarat.
Live Casino Hold’Em is quite an impressive game and has the potential of paying you out a whopping amount!
What sets this game apart from poker is the presence of a live dealer. The dealer MUST possess a four or something higher for qualifying. In case the dealer does not have these, he does not qualify. The punters get the CALL bet, whereas the ANTE bet will be paid as per the paytable.
In case the dealer’s hand qualifies and has a lower value as compared to yours, then you are the clear winner of the game. If the hand of the dealer qualifies and the value is higher than yours, then you will lose.
In this case, you would lose the call bet as well as the ante bet. In cases where the dealer and the punter both have the same hand, it is known as ‘push.’ A push is a situation where nobody is winning or losing. In such cases, the punters get back their call, and the Ante bet both.
We hope this was crystal clear for you! Casino Hold ’em Live is full of action, and it gets interesting as you progress in the game.
Understand the rules of the game and try it out to become a PRO! Nothing is complicated about the game. All you need to do is be smart enough! Yes, a little bit of luck helps you to go a long way, but enjoy the process of playing the game. It is indeed interesting and gets even better after some time!
Play Casino Hold’Em Live at Our Top 3 Casinos:
See the Best Online Casinos offering Casino Hold’Em Live in United States for September, 2022:
US Players not AcceptedUS Players not Accepted
- Helpful Live Chat Support
- Live Games Available
- Accepts Players from Many Countries
No Bonuses for United States
- Top tier software providers
- Mobile friendly design
- UK Gambling License
No Bonuses for United States
- Fast Withdrawals
- Huge Selection of Games
- Daily Slots Tournaments
Vietnam Casinos Reports 60 Percent Increase In Revenue In 2019
The casinos in the country were legalized before March 2017 when the government launched a…
Pragmatic Play Enters Brazilian iGaming Market With Betmotion Deal
Online gambling is rapidly spreading worldwide, and many companies are moving towards the expansion of…
The Philippines Rises As Asia’s Casino Capital
The Chinese special administrative region is one of the favorite destinations of people looking for…
India’s Esports Industry Emerges One Of The World’s Most Lucrative Markets
PC gaming is one of the alternatives as land-based entertainment shuts down. The tech industry…
Austrian Gambling Billionaire Faces Challenges For His Casino Empire
Aside from the massive decline in profit, his business faces charges of corruption, its chief…
India’s Online Casino Regulations
Developments in technology contributed to the growth of the industry. User verification technology, such as…